- Each around 3-6Gb in size
- Based on 1e5 protons on target (as a Dirac deltafunction in time, the ESS pulse timing is generated on the McStas side!)
- Include multiple particle types, i.e. neutrons, gammas, protons and muons etc.
- Particles can have "any" physical energy, i.e. up to the linac proton energy
- Particles originate from "anywhere" within the monolith, but of course mainly from the target, moderators and their surroundings
- In the file, the particles are "located" on a "r=9cm DXtran sphere" at 2 m from the moderator centre, positioned on the beamline axis of choice (a DXTran sphere is an attractor of statistics. In the process, the event weight is reduced so that the game is fair in a statistical sense)
- Please consult the below figur to understand the geometry!